Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 12 February
|ST. THERESE PARISH - SPECIAL NOTICES FOR LENT:|
The Way of the Cross will be conducted before Holy Mass, except on Saturdays, we pray the Rosary. For details please refer to the parish noticeboard. Almsgiving is part of Lenten observance. Kindly place your contribution in the box kept for the poor in front of the tabernacle of the church or near the prayer room. The Lenten Retreat will be conducted as follows: English - 29 Feb, 1 & 2 March; Konkani - 7,8 & 9 March; Malayalam: 14, 15 & 16 March.
1. Children are requested to bring their pencils, crayons and colour pencils for the Oratory program to be held on Saturday, 13 February.
2. We are extremely thankful to Fr. Melito for the services he rendered to our parish during his short stay with us. He will be returning back on 13 February. We wish Fr. Melito all the best in his apostolate and assure him of our prayers.
3. The Way of the Cross, will be conducted before Holy Mass except on Saturdays, we pray the rosary. For details please refer to the noticeboard.
4. Fr. Kamal Andradi, a Jesuit Priest will give a talk on "Relationships" on Monday, 15 February 2016 in the Holy Family Hall, Kuwait city, after the 6.30 pm Holy Mass.
5. The parish priest will be out of the country from 6 – 19 February. In his absence, Fr. Johnson will be the acting parish priest.
6. Altar servers will meet on 20 February from 10.30 to 11.30 am.
7. There will be a special Mass and praying over for the students appearing for Board Exams on Monday, 22nd February at 7.15 pm. Other students are also welcome.
8. The dates of the Lenten Retreat are as follows:
a. English : 29 Februrary,1 & 2 March
b. Konkani : 7,8 & 9 March
c. Malayalam: 14, 15 & 16 March.
For details please see the notice board.
9. Marriage Preparation Course will he organized on Fridays, 11 & 18 March from 1 – 7 pm at the Holy Family Cathedral. Kindly collect the registration form from the parish office.
10. Admissions for Catechism Class 1 are open. Forms to be collected from church office, filled and submitted on any Friday at IEAS fee counter between 8 am and 9.15 am only, along with the requirements".
11. Almsgiving is part of Lenten observance. Kindly place your contribution, in the box
kept for the poor, in front of the tabernacle of the church or near the prayer room.
12. In support of the Bahrain Cathedral, the Konkani community is organizing Wilfy Nite - a Konkani musical event on Friday 15 April. Those interested in sponsoring any part of this event are requested to contact the Parish Priest.
13. The sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on our parish children on Friday, 8 April.
14. The First Holy Communion will be given to the Syro-Malabar children on Friday, 22 April and to the Latin rite children on Friday, 29 April.
15. Mass intentions can be booked through a self-completed form available outside the parish office. Please include KD 2 per intention and deposit in the drop box. Kindly book your Masses 5 days in advance.
16. Family Cell invites single ladies and men to register in their database to find life partners in a Catholic environment. Forms are available in the parish office.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The (REVISED) Parish Office timings are as follows:
8:30 am to 11:30 am and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm or by appointment.
The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.