Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 21 November
1. The induction of new Extraordinary Ministers of Eucharist will be held TODAY during the Holy Mass at 9.30 a.m.
2. The Parishioners of Vettukadu in the Archdiocese of Trivandrum in our parish is celebrating the feast of Christ the King TODAY with the Holy Mass at 4.15 p.m. (schedule Mass at 4.45 p.m. (Latin Malayalam) is anticipated) in Our Lady of Arabia Hall. Cordial welcome to all!
3. The Solemnity of Christ the King, the last day of the Year of Church also is on 23rd of November.
4. Let us thank the Almighty. We are getting two more saints from our land. On Sunday 23rd November two religious from India will be canonized in Rome by Holy Father Pope Francis: Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara founder of Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) and Mother Euphrasia, a member of the order of the Sisters of the Congregation of Mother of Carmel (CMC), founded by Blessed Chavara. The Syro-Malabar Mass on 23rd November will be celebrated in the Indian Integrated School at 6.30 p.m. The Latin Mass at 6 pm will be in St. Daniel Comboni Hall (2nd Basement). In all the Holy Masses on Sunday we will remember the new saints from India.
5. Triduum, three days novena in preparation for the feast of St. Francis Xavier will be on 24th, 25th and 26th (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) in St. Daniel Comboni Hall (2nd Basement). Every day there will be Holy Mass and preaching in Konkani. The Feast celebration will be on Saturday 29th November.
6. There will be Picnic for Altar Servers on 22nd of this month, Saturday. All those who have registered the names for the same are requested to be in St. Daniel Comboni Hall at 8.15 a.m. on 22nd of November.
7. The memory of Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and his companions, the Vietnam Martyrs is on 23th November.
8. The feast of St. John Berchmans, the Patron saint for Altar Servers is on 26th of this month and it will be celebrated on 28th, Friday during the children Mass at 9.30 a.m. All the Altar servers are requested to participate in this special Mass without fail.
9. A Career Guidance seminar for children above 12 years is arranged on Saturday 29th November from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The seminar will be conducted by the well known educationalist and youth animator Prof. Dr. Ruble Raj from India. All the children are encouraged to take part in the same. Kindly check the leaflets for further details. Those taking part are requested to register their names before 25th November. Registration fee is 1 KD. Forms are available in Parish office.
10. The charity fete of KMCA will be in the Holy Family Cathedral premises on Friday, 28th November. All are requested to take part and support the fete aimed at charity programs of KMCA.
11. Lenten Holy Land Pilgrimage is arranged from 21st February to 27th February 2015 for Malayalam group. Last date to register your name for the same is January 15th 2015.
For Adults 360 KD and children 300 KD (All inclusive charge). Fr. Prakash will accompany this group. Reserve the seat by paying advance 100 KD which will be non-refundable.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. Kindly avoid gathering in groups and chatting outside the premises.
2. Please do not light any kind of candles anywhere in the hall or classes.
3. Please do not make use of the building parking place to park your car. This place is allotted ONLY for the people who live in the building. If you come for Mass by car, kindly park your car on the other side of the road and walk to the hall. Thank you for your co-operation.