Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 20 January
1. Children are requested to bring colour pencils and glue sticks for the oratory program on Saturday, 21 January. Parents are encouraged to send their children for the oratory program held every Saturday from 9:30 am to 11:30 am.
2. Holy Mass will be celebrated in Hindi on Saturday, 21 January at 4.15 pm
3. Altar servers will meet on Saturday, 21 January from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Boys are requested to come with a note book and a pen.
4. The novena prayer to Don Bosco will be recited after the Rosary from 22 - 30 January.
5. The Festive mass in honor of St. Juze Vaz feast will be on Monday, 23 January at 7.30 pm.
6. The second orientation session for the Confirmation class students and their parents will be on Tuesday, 24 January from 07.30 – 8.45 pm. It is mandatory for parents to attend the session.
7. All parishioners are invited to a presentation on "Faith in times of distress" in the Parish Courtyard on Thursday, 26 January from 7.15 to 8.30 pm. Come and be blessed as you receive practical tips from renowned speakers.
8. We thank Fr. James who assisted us with the Holy Masses, sacrament of Reconciliation and counselling. We wish him a safe journey and assure him of our prayers as he leaves for India on Thursday, 26 January.
9. The baptism on Friday, 27 January will be in the church at 11.00 am instead of 11.30 am.
10. The faith and light community for persons with special needs and their families, invites you for a Thanksgiving Eucharist at 11.30 am on Friday, 3 February, on the occasion of their anniversary. If you are between 15 - 45 years of age and would like to be a friend of persons with special needs, kindly register your name with Fr. Johnson.
11. Since this year is dedicated to Mother Mary, SPY is organizing a Marian Nite starting off this year with its first event on Thursday, 9 February called Marian Nite. Those desiring to participate are requested to register their names on the sheet kept in the courtyard.
12. The First Holy Communion for the Syro-Malabar children will be on Friday, 5 May and for the Latin rite on Friday, 12 May 2017.
13. The Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on Friday, 5 May 2017.
14. Admissions for Catechism Class 1 in Syro-Malabar and Latin rite are now open. Admission form is available online. Kindly download the form, fill and submit it along with a photocopy of the baptism certificate on any Friday at the IEAS Fee Counter between 8 and 9 am only. The last date for submission is 28 April.
15. Our new parish app is now available for Android and Apple devices. It is updated with parish events, announcements and Catholic material. Visit app.salmiyachurch.com for links to download it for free.
16. Parish calendars priced at 250 fils and table calendars at 1 KD are on sale.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The Parish Office timings are as follows:
8:30 am to 11:30 am and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm or by appointment.
The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.