Announcements for the week beginning: Friday, 24 October
1. Today, we celebrate the Liturgy of the Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time.
On Tuesday, 28 October we celebrate the feast of Sts. Simon and Jude, the Apostles.
On Friday, 31 October and Saturday, 1 November we celebrate the liturgy of All Saints.
On Saturday, 1 November a Holy Mass in Tagalog will be celebrated at 9.30 pm.
On Sunday, 2 November we celebrate the liturgy of All Souls.
2. The Mass timings for All Souls Day are displayed on the notice board. Mass intention for all souls day can be written on slips of paper and deposited in a drop-box near the adoration chapel along with KD 2. Mass intentions will not be read rather all mass intentions will be placed before the altar.
3. With effect from Sunday, 1 November, the timings for the following masses have been revised: The weekday morning mass will be at 5.45 am. On Friday, the first mass will be at 6.30 am and the children’s mass will be at 8 am. All other Mass timings remain unchanged.
4. From 3 to 6 November, priests will be attending a retreat. Hence, we will have communion service in the morning and the Holy mass only in the evening.
5. From Friday, 7 November, the catechism classes will begin at 9.30 and end at 11 am.
6. Pre-baptismal seminar will not be held on Monday, 3 November as scheduled. Rather it will be held on Tuesday, 18 November from 7 pm to 8.45 pm in the courtyard.
7. The Divine Fest 2014 preached by Fr. Daniel Poovannathil will be held in our Church on Wednesday, 19 November from 5.30 to 9pm
8. Let us pray for the mother of Fr. Joy who passed away on Sunday, 19 October that God in his mercy rewards her with eternal life.
9. Fr. Franco celebrates his birthday on Saturday, 25th October. We thank him for the service he renders to our parish. All are invited for the Holy Mass at 6.30 pm followed by cutting of the cake in the courtyard. Let us pray that God continues to bless Fr. Franco as he serves our parish and the bishop as the financial administrator and catechetical director.
10. On Saturday, 25 October Fr. Franco is organizing a recollection on the theme of FORGIVENESS at IEAS from 8.45 am to 4 pm for a group of 75 participants. Those desiring to participate are requested to register your names at the parish office only.
11. On Saturday, 25th October the Salesian Cooperators are organizing "Crossroads" for students of Stds 9 to 12. The registration fee is KD2. Seats are limited so register early. Registration can be done on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6 – 8 pm in the courtyard.
12. With effect from Sunday, 1st November, the timings for the following masses have been revised:
The weekday morning mass will now be at 5.45 am
On Friday, the first mass will be at 6.30 am and the children’s mass will be at 8 am. All other mass timings remain unchanged.
13. From Friday, 7 November, the catechism classes will begin at 9.30 and end at 11 am.
14. Children and youth who have received their First Holy Communion are invited to join the Junior Legion of Mary which meets every Friday between 5 and 6.15pm in Room # 14. Parents do encourage your children to join this association for a deeper relationship with Mother Mary through prayer and community service.
16. Our Bishop encourages all the faithful to purchase the set of books on the saints which is available at the Resource Center.
Please check the notice-board for additional details of all announcements.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. The (REVISED) Parish Office timings are as follows:
8:30 am to 11:30 am and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm or by appointment.
The office is closed on Fridays.
2. We request parents with infants to occupy only Room # 1 during the Mass.
3. Parishioners who bring their vehicles to Church are kindly requested to abide by Kuwait's traffic rules whilst parking so as to not inconvenience others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" should henceforth be our motto whilst parking.