The Chancery is the administrative office of the Apostolic Vicariate of Northern Arabia. The Chancery includes those offices and persons who directly assist the Bishop, in the pastoral and administrative governance of the Northern Vicariate.
As established by universal Canon Law (cc. 482 and following), the Chancellor, on behalf of His Excellency Bishop Camillo Ballin, MCCJ:
- drafts and safeguards official curial documents, and issues any authentic copies of the same;
- collects and preserves the Vicariate / diocesan and parish records and archives;
- assists parishes and priests with legal matters;
- expedites canonical matters;
- collects statistical data of all Sacraments administered for the Vicariate and for the Vatican; and,
- checks and forwards marriage dossiers to other dioceses where marriage takes place.